Sunday, September 5, 2010

I'm a Spudman

In January of this year I registered to participate in the Burley Spudman Triathlon.  The race is a 1 mile swim, 25 mile bike, and 6 mile run.  I started to train in February.  Having never swam or rode a bike more than a few miles at a time, I was a bit freaked.  And so began my everyday journey to the rec center.  All other priorities were put on the back burner until my training was done for the day.  On July 31 at 7:30 am I was treading water in the Snake river with about 300 other women in my heat.  Overcome by panic, I flipped on my back and floated the first ten minutes of race on my back.  Thanks to the current I finished with an okay time despite me thinking I was going to die.  The bike was cake, the run was horrible and I finished beating my goal of 3 hours.  Official time 2:58:51.  I couldn't walk for about a week after. 

Looking pretty fly in the bike shorts. 

My family that didn't even get to see me cross the finish line:(
Next stop Dirty Dash on September 18.  Here I come mud.

1 comments:

Dannel and Rhett said...

Now that I've found a new love in reading your posts, I need you to know that I love participating in races like these! Good job, psycho mom!! :P